This 3-axis machining center with a fixed table offers a generously-sized clamping area of 870 x 760 mm. Workpieces up to 1000 kg can be machined with high precision and dynamics.
The VERSA 943 combines the latest technology with proven features.
The grey cast iron base, thermo-symmetrical set-up and the fact that only 2 axes are used for cutting result in maximum rigidity and precision, as well as excellent dynamic accuracy.
Of course, standard as well as customised automation solutions are also available.
The FEHLMANN VERSA 943 has been designed for maximum precision through and through. The cooled slide components, as well as the cooled machine structure, reliably prevent undesirable thermal growth. The X axis is supported along the entire bed length for perfect stability.
Features and Highlights
- Clamping area of 870 x 760 mm, workpieces up to 1000 kg.
- Excellent accessibility and optimal visibility into the machining area. Manual part loading from the front. The door extends right into the machine roof, allowing for comfortable crane loading from the top.
- Tool changer with chain magazine has a capacity for 48 tools in the basic version and can be upgraded to 80 tools. The optional rack magazine accommodates, depending on tool holder, from 224 up to max. 400 additional tools (scalable) and can be installed easily and in a space-saving manner on the left side of the machine.
- High rigidity with minimum thermal growth and optimal vibration damping due to the machine base made of gray cast iron, with three-point support system.
- Perfect dynamic accuracy due to weight-optimized moving parts made of spheroidal cast iron.
- Standardized as well as customized automation with a robot may be retrofitted at any time, as the right side of the machine remains accessible.
- Perfect operability from the front with ergonomic configuration of all operating elements.
- Wide variety of automation options are available, including individually customized solutions.
Parts Handling - automation without restrictions
With its well-thought through and compact design, the FEHLMANN VERSA 943 may be automated at any time. As the automatic loading door is located on the right side of the machine, an automation system can be easily connected. The machining area is freely accessible from the front for setup work and process control, independently of the machine configuration. Depending on the number of pallets and the variety of parts, the system may be controlled and monitored by a pallet management integrated in the control unit, or via the flexible FEHLMANN MCM™ (Milling Center Manager). Thus, the FEHLMANN VERSA 943 may be adapted to a wide variety of automation concepts - even if you do not decide to retrofit your machine until later on.
When the 8- or 16-hour shift per day no longer suffices... More and more frequently, 'time to market' is one of the most important 'survival' criterion for today's tool shops and parts producers. New products are developed and produced within extremely short time intervals. With the help of the latest information technology of the FEHLMANN MCM™ (Milling Center Manager), parts can be loaded and unloaded quickly and reliably - in an operator friendly way. In addition to the high quality of the part, key factors are unlimited availability, accessibility of the system during day shifts, as well as the safety of the process during ghost shifts (unattended operation with no or little staff). The FEHLMANN MCM™ offers you valuable support - proven time and again - meeting today's automation requirements and based on open industry standards. As the MCM software is a FEHLMANN in-house development, you can trust us to perform the support on the entire system.
Almost limitless possibilities - discover the FEHLMANN MCM™!
The Milling Center Management system - an in-house development by Fehlmann - controls both machine and robot. Machining order, zero points, etc. are entered in a simple and clear job table (Windows surface). Via mouse click, the operator can change the machining order or single parameters during the system operation.
Keeping up flexibility even in automatic mode: without any trouble, a part can be fitted in. Thanks to the high operator comfort of machine and MCM, the Fehlmann solution is not only suited for series production, but is already efficient when producing only a few parts.
Tool breakage monitoring, NC program management, logging of system events, and a phone alarm (optional) via SMS sent to a preselected mobile phone number are just a couple of functions allowing for an unattended night or weekend shift.
The complete system from a single source
- The systems are commissioned and tested with the customer-specific configuration here in our works.
- We develop and produce the machine and MCM™. For parts handling, we use standard robots.
- With the systems shown above we offer proven solutions.
- To a large extent, we owe the practicality of our solutions to the many MCM™ customer suggestions and ideas - many of which were adopted in the standard solution.
In the standard version, our machines are already well-equipped with all features required for high-accuracy machining.
Miscellaneous additional options are available, for example:
- High-pressure cooling system with through-the-spindle supply and chip conveyor.
- Different tool and part measuring systems (probe systems, laser ...)
- Integrated minimum-quantity lubrication for HSC machining
- Integrated zero-point clamping system and automation solutions
Travel distances X mm 650 Y mm 800 Z mm 500 Machining area Clamping surface mm 870 x 760 Max. table load kg 1000 Distance table to spindle nose mm 100 - 600 Spindle Speed / power at S6 (40% ED) rpm 50 - 14,000 / 26,3 kw 50 - 18,000 / 26,3 kw 50 - 24,000 / 25 kw 50 - 30,000 / 13.7 kw Tool changer no. of pockets 48/80/rack magazine depending on tool holder 112 up to 384, scalable Further data Feed rate / rapid feed mm/min 1-50,000 Control Heidenhain CNC-control TNC 7 or TNC 640 Dimensions (width/depth/height) m 2.7 / 2.97 / 3.55 Weight kg 11,800
Subject to technical modifications.
References - Customer reports