The precision milling and drilling machine PICOMAX 56 L TOP (Touch Or ProgramTM) is equipped with an entirely new, patented operating concept, combining both CNC controlled 3-axis machining, as well as manual operation using a drilling lever and handwheels.
Specifically designed to execute milling, drilling and threading tasks on single parts in a quick, reliable and efficient way without any time-consuming programming. After a very short initial training period, operators are able to efficiently operate the PICOMAX 56 L TOP, even without previous programming knowledge.
Larger clamping surface
The L Version has extended X travel of 800 mm in comparison to the standard model and a clamping surface of 1400 x 480 mm. Extra long workpieces can be machined in a single step without repositioning. More possibilities are available for 4-axis machining with a dividing unit. Thanks to the increased distance between the dividing unit and tail stock, longer workpieces can also be machined efficiently.
Even the basic model of this FEHLMANN machine "made in Switzerland" offers the features of a modern, highly productive milling machine, such as: fully digital Heidenhain control TNC 620, a cooled and high-torque motor spindle made by Fehlmann for universal milling up to 12'000 rpm, Z/S interpolated thread cutting, 3D milling, boring, etc.
Furthermore the PICOMAX 56 L TOP is upgradeable with various functional machine options, such as a FEHLMANN dividing unit for 4-axis operation, an automatic tool changer with 20 or 30 pockets and more.
Characteristics and Highlights
- Manual and CNC, for the economical milling and drilling of small batches and single parts.
- FEHLMANN TOP-functions, an entirely innovative operating concept, allowing the machine to be used both for CNC controlled 3-axis machining, as well as for manual operation using drilling lever and handwheels.
- Extra-long workpieces can be machined in one single step, without repositioning.
- Several fixtures can be mounted simultaneously on the 1400 x 480 mm clamping surface.
- 4-axis machining of extra-long workpieces.
- Efficient and economical machining of complex parts using the Heidenhain TNC 620 and the graphically supported cycles.
- Space saving and clearly laid out, due to ergonomic and compact construction.
- Simple machining tasks are executed manually using handwheels!
- Trained operators can operate the machine even without programming knowledge.
TOP functions for manual operation
- Rapid, simple and proven. Milling, drilling and thread cutting with TOP-functions.
- Innovative operating concept, combining both 3-axis CNC machining as well as manual operation using a drilling lever and handwheels.
- Please let our experts advise you!
- Modern CNC control Heidenhain TNC 620.
- Using the Heidenhain continuous path control and the graphically supported cycles, even complex parts are programmed in a highly uncomplicated and economical fashion.
- The intelligent arrangement of operating elements allows a comfortable and rapid manual changing of tools.
- Optionally the machine is available with an automatic tool changer for 20 or 30 tools.
Ergonomic and versatile
- All operating elements are ergonomically located.
- Large clamping surface cuts down on set-up times (several chucking options possible at the same time).
- Working area at an optimal operating height.
- Perfect access to the working area.
- Cooled motor spindle offering up to 12'000 rpm.
- Torque 60 Nm.
- Milling and drilling in steel up to Ø 40mm.
- Also available with CNC dividing unit.
- The large table surface makes it suitable to work with a tailstock.
Precision / Quality
- Quality assuran
- Direct path measuring systems.
- ce using state-of-the-art equipment.
- In-house development, production and assembly at Fehlmann/Switzerland
Machining of single party up to small lots
- Precision parts manufacturing
- Prototype manufacturing
- Tool and jig manufacturing
- Apprentice training
Ideally suited for single part and small batch production in tool manufacturing and mould making, in test and prototype manufacturing, in laboratories, as well as in apprentice shops (introduction into CNC). Milling, drilling, boring and thread cutting can be executed with a minimum of programming and set-up work.
Travels X mm 800 Y mm 400 Z mm 400 Machining area Clamping surface L x W mm 1400 x 480 Distance between table and spindle nose mm 120 - 520 Work spindle Drive power S6 (40%ED) kW 9.7 Speed rpm 50 - 12'000 Tool changer (option) Magazine pockets 20 or 30 Further Data Control Heidenhain TNC 620 Space requirement (W/D/H) m 2.5/ 1.9/ 2.5 Weight without tool changer kg 3750 Gewicht with tool changer (20 pockets) kg 4000
Subject to technical modifications.