The precision milling machine PICOMAX 56 L is also available in the mill version.
Specially optimized for simple, conventional milling tasks – thus allowing for optimal entry into modern cutting technology. Operates like a full-fledged conventional milling and drilling machine, without the necessity of programming knowledge.
Larger clamping surface
The L Version has extended X travel of 800 mm, compared to the standard model, and a clamping surface of 1400 x 480 mm.
Extra long workpieces can be machined in a single step without repositioning. More possibilities are available for 4-axis machining with a dividing unit. Thanks to the increased distance between the dividing unit and tail stock, longer workpieces can also be machined efficiently.
Even the basic model of this FEHLMANN machine "made in Switzerland" offers the features of a modern, highly productive milling machine, such as: fully digital Heidenhain controls TNC 620, a Fehlmann cooled and high-torque motor spindle for universal milling up to 12'000 rpm, Z/S interpolated thread cutting, 3D milling, boring, etc.
Furthermore, the PICOMAX 56 L mill is upgradeable with various functional machine options, such as a FEHLMANN dividing unit for 4-axis operation, an automatic tool changer with 20 or 30 pockets and more.
Also perfectly suited for modern vocational training
From the basics of milling to advanced CNC applications, the mill version of the PICOMAX 56 L is also ideally suited for modern, practice-oriented training - for both conventional and CNC machining. With the FEHLMANN mill functions and the three mechnaical handwheels, the controls function as a simple digital display. This allows basic conventional milling knowledge to be taught up close and with maximum operator safety, thanks to the safety door.
The simple and logical operation, a modern and compact machine concept, the technical features and a high degree of flexibility make the PICOMAX 56 L mill the perfect machine for training.
Characteristics and Highlights
- Manual and CNC operation, for manual machining without giving up the advantages of a CNC machine - switch to CNC mode at any time at a push of a button
- FEHLMANN mill functions, a simplified operating concept which enables single parts and small series to be milled, drilled and thread-cut rapidly and precisely. The mill package includes three labeled, parallel-active mechanical-electronic handwheels for the X, Y and Z axes, as well as the basic functions for conventional milling, drilling and tapping, without any programming knowledge.
- Extra-long workpieces can be machined in one single step, without re-positioning
- Several fixtures can be mounted simultaneously on the 1400 x 480 mm clamping surface
- 4-axis machining of extra-long workpieces
- Efficient and economical machining of complex parts using the Heidenhain TNC 620 and the graphically supported cycles
- Space-saving and clearly laid out, due to ergonomic and compact construction
- Simple machining tasks are executed conventionally using the three handwheels!
- Easy and efficient to operate, even without programming knowledge
Mill functions for simple conventional milling tasks
- Rapid and simple - for easy milling, drilling and thread cutting
- Simplified operating concept for optimal entry into modern milling technology
- Please let our experts advise you! We would be pleased to demonstrate the advantages of the mill-functions to you.
- Modern CNC control Heidenhain TNC 620 with multi-touch operation
- Using the Heidenhain continuous path control and the graphically supported cycles, even complex parts are programmed easily and economically
- The intelligent arrangement of operating elements allows a comfortable and rapid manual changing of tools
- Optionally the machine is available with an automatic tool changer for 20 or 30 tools
Ergonomic and versatile
- All operating elements are ergonomically located
- Large clamping surface cuts down on set-up times (several simultaneous clamping options possible)
- Working area at optimal operating height
- Perfect access to working area
- Cooled motor spindle offering up to 12,000 rpm
- Torque 60 Nm
- Milling and drilling in steel up to Ø 40mm
- Also available with CNC dividing unit
- The large table surface makes it suitable to work with a tailstock
Precision / Quality
- Direct path measuring systems
- Quality assurance using state-of-the-art equipment
- In-house development, production and assembly at Fehlmann/Switzerland
Machining of single party up to small lots
- Precision parts manufacturing
- Prototype manufacturing
- Tool and jig manufacturing
- Apprentice training
Ideally suited for single part and small batch production in tool manufacturing and mould making, in test and prototype manufacturing, in laboratories, as well as in apprentice shops (introduction to modern milling technology). Milling, drilling, boring and thread cutting can be executed with a minimum of programming and set-up work.
Travel distances X mm 800 Y mm 400 Z mm 400 Machining area Clamping surface L x W mm 1400 x 480 Distance table to spindle nose mm 120 - 520 Work spindle Speed / power S6 (40%ED) rpm 50 - 12,000 / 9.5 kw Tool changer (optional) Magazine pockets 20 or 30 Additional details Controls Heidenhain TNC 620 Space requirement (W/D/H) m 2.5/ 1.9/ 2.5 Weight without tool changer kg 3750 Weight with tool changer (20 pockets) kg 4000
Subject to technical modifications.
References - Customer reports