Versatile, productive and compact.
The PICOMAX 75 impresses with high precision, best rigidity and optimum energy efficiency.
Tool magazine with loading from front during machining, a compact, space-saving design, as well as Fehlmann-typical, outstanding ergonomics are just a few features of this machine.
Machine construction, Z-axis travel, geometry and control unit have been designed for 5-axis machining with FEHLMANN dividing and swiveling units. Up to 5 axes are fully integrated in the control system. This combination ensures best access and precision in 5-, 4- and 3-axis machining.
The PICOMAX 75 can also be ordered as a pure 3-axis milling machine, 4th and 5th axes to be retrofitted if required at any time.
Machine easily accessible from front, also in combination with the optionally available automatic parts handling.
The new stiffness-optimized machine structure and the large-dimensioned linear guideways, as well as precision direct measuring glass scales with compressed air on all axes, guarantee "jig boring machine quality". Fully digital drive technology for maximum dynamics and productivity. The mounting surfaces of the machine’s structural parts are scraped, thereby guaranteeing best possible geometries.
Characteristics and Highlights
Designed from the beginning for 5-axis working
- Compact, well-thought-out design for perfect accessibility and best operating ergonomics for 5-, 4-, and 3-axis milling, guarantees highest precision.
- Automatic tool changer with 50 places (optional 80 places) loadable from operator side during machining.
- Energy-optimized design and power units for saving energy and operating costs.
- Power units switch off automatically when they are not in use.
- Latest generation, fully digital, universal contouring control unit Heidenhain TNC 640
- High rigidity due to new stability-optimized design, vertical column, stable carriage, ball-screw axis drives and digital three-phase drives with AC motors.
- High-precision glass scales with compressed air for direct position measurement as standard.
- Powerful FEHLMANN motor spindles with high torque.
Maximum spindle speed 14,000 / 20,000 / 30,000 / 36,000 rpm
- Axis travel X 600 mm, Y 400 mm, Z 610 mm
- Maximum feed rate (with interpolation) on all axes 30,000 mm/min
- Machine can be automated without impairing accessibility
- Fehlmann Swiss Made – everything from a single source!
Construction / Drives
- Rigid vertical column design with integrated cross slide
- Generously dimensioned profile guideways
- Digital drive technology for high dynamics in the HSC range
Precision / Quality
- Direct measuring systems on all axes
- Scraped machine geometry
- In-house development, production, and assembly at FEHLMANN/Switzerland
- Quality assurance with the most modern tools
- High thermal stability and motor spindle with active cooling
- The operator has all important areas of the machine under control from his work space
- Workpiece loading during machining
- Good visibility of workpiece and spindle at all times
- Crane loading by simply opening the safety door
- Universal motor spindle with 20'000 rpm (optionally 30'000 rpm) suited for both conventional roughing and HSC machining
- Large clamping surface cuts down on set-up times
- 700mm table-to-spindle nose distance
- The Heidenhain control unit disposes of the necessary HSC characteristics and is well suited for workshop programming
Designed for 5-axis machining from the outset
- The ATS (automatic dividing/swivelling unit) are in-house developments and are also being manufactured at Fehlmann. Maximum precision due to direct measuring system.
- High machining stability through pneumo-hydraulic clamping
- 4th and 5th axes fully integrated in the control, coordinates are automatically converted
- The machine can also be upgraded anytime with 4th and 5th axes
- Perfect access to the part even in case of small parts with extremely short clamping
- Lots of space next to the dividing and swivelling unit for further chucking options
When the 8- or 16-hour shift per day no longer suffices... More and more frequently, 'time to market' is one of the most important 'survival' criterion for today's tool shops and parts producers. New products are developed and produced within extremely short time intervals. With the help of the latest information technology of the FEHLMANN MCMTM (Milling Centre Manager), parts can be loaded and unloaded quickly and reliably - in an operator friendly way. In addition to the high quality of the part, key factors are unlimited availability, accessibility of the system during day shifts, as well as the safety of the process during ghost shifts (unattended operation with no or little staff). The FEHLMANN MCMTM offers you valuable support - proven time and again - meeting today's automation requirements and based on open industry standards. As the MCM software is a FEHLMANN in-house development, you can trust us to perform the support on the entire system.
Almost limitless possibilities - discover the FEHLMANN MCMTM!
The Milling Centre Management system - an in-house development by Fehlmann - controls both machine and robot. Machining order, zero points, etc. are entered in a simple and clear job table (Windows surface). Via mouse click, the operator can change the machining order or single parameters during the system operation.
Keeping up flexibility even in automatic mode: without any trouble, a part can be fitted in. Thanks to the high operator comfort of machine and MCM, the Fehlmann solution is not only suited for series production, but is already efficient when producing only a few parts.
Tool breakage monitoring, NC program management, logging of system events, and a phone alarm (optional) via SMS sent to a preselected mobile phone number are just a couple of functions allowing for an unattended night or weekend shift.
The complete system from a single source
- The systems are commissioned and tested with the customer-specific configuration here in our works.
- We develop and produce the machine and MCMTM. For parts handling, we use standard robots.
- With the systems shown above we offer proven solutions.
- To a large extent, we owe the practicality of our solutions to the many MCMTM customer suggestions and ideas - many of which were adopted in the standard solution.
All options customized for todays machining needs are abailable:
- High-pressure cooling system with through-the-spindle supply and chip conveyor.
- Different tool and part measuring systems (probe systems, laser ...)
- Integrated minimum-quantity lubrication for HSC machining.
- Graphite disposal.
For regular working of graphite, ceramics and hardened parts, FEHLMANN offers special GRAPHITE models.
These models include guideways* and spindles with special scrapers. The switchgear cabinet is equipped with a closed cooling system.
*Depending on the model also additionally sealed.
Machining of high-precision workpieces
- Precision parts in all materials
- 5-axis machining of small cubic parts, mould & die making
- HSC-machining of hardenend mould inserts
- 3D and 5-axis electrodes in copper and graphite
- Mould plates in tool steel
Travelling distances X mm 600 Y mm 400 Z mm 610 B degree -10° to 120° C degree 0° to 360° Machining area Clamping surface L x W mm 1160 x 475 Table-to-spindle nose distance mm 125 - 735 Work spindle Output at S6(40%ED) kW 10.5/10.5/13.7/19.5 Speed 1/min 50 - 14'000 50 - 20'000 50 - 30'000 50 - 36'000 Tool change no.Tools 50/80 Other data Feedrate/rapid feed mm/min 1-30'000 Control unit Heidenhain CNC continuous path control TNC 640 Installation space (W/D/H) m 2.3 /2.1/3.2 Weight kg 5300
Subject to technical modifications.
References - Customer reports