Combination of manual and CNC machining - modernizes the conventional workplace.
Mill version also for vocational training, with 3 handwheels and basic functions for conventional milling, drilling and threading.
The precision milling machine PICOMAX 56 is also available in the mill version.
Specially optimized for simple, conventional milling tasks – thus allowing for optimal entry into modern cutting technology. Operates like a full-fledged conventional milling and drilling machine, without the necessity of programming knowledge.
This '"made in Switzerland" machine already offers various equipment features of a modern, powerful milling machine in the basic version, i.e.: fully digital CNC Heidenhain control TNC 620, FEHLMANN liquid-cooled and high-torque motor spindle for universal milling up to 12,000 rpm, as well as Z/S-interpolated thread cutting, 3D-milling, boring, etc..
Furthermore, the combination of manual and CNC milling machine PICOMAX 56 mill is upgradeable with various functional machine options, such as a FEHLMANN dividing unit for 4-axis operation, an automatic tool changer with 20 or 30 pockets, etc.
Also perfectly suited for modern vocational training
From the basics of milling to advanced CNC applications, the mill version of the PICOMAX 56 is also ideally suited for modern, practice-oriented training - for both conventional and CNC machining. With the FEHLMANN mill functions and the three mechanical handwheels, the controls function as a simple digital display. This allows basic conventional milling knowledge to be taught up close and with maximum operator safety, thanks to the safety door.
Switch from beginner to expert mode with the turn of a key
This milling machine can be quickly switched to a simple conventional machine with a turn of the additional key-operated CNC/manual switch. Instructors can configure and save the desired settings based on the level of instruction.
The simple and logical operation, a modern and compact machine concept, the technical features and a high degree of flexibility make the manual and CNC milling machine PICOMAX 56 mill the perfect machine for training.
Characteristics and Highlights
- Manual and CNC milling machine, for manual machining without giving up the advantages of a CNC machine - switch to CNC mode at any time at a push of a button
- FEHLMANN mill functions, a simplified operating concept which enables single parts and small series to be milled, drilled and thread-cut rapidly and precisely. The mill package includes three labeled, parallel-active mechanical-electronic handwheels for the X, Y and Z axes, as well as the basic functions for conventional milling, drilling and tapping, without any programming knowledge.
- Using the Heidenhain TNC 620 controls and the graphically supported cycles, complex parts are machined very economically
- Robust, handy and versatile
- Space saving and clearly laid out, due to ergonomic and compact construction
- Simple machining tasks are executed conventionally using the three handwheels!
- Easy and efficient to operate, even without programming knowledge
Mill functions for simple conventional milling tasks
- Rapid and simple – for easy milling, drilling and thread cutting
- Simplified operating concept for optimal entry into modern milling technology
- Please let our experts advise you! We would be pleased to demonstrate the advantages of the mill-functions to you.
CNC milling machine
- Modern CNC control Heidenhain TNC 620 with multi-touch operation
- Using the Heidenhain continuous path control and the graphically supported cycles, even complex parts are programmed easily and economically
Switch from beginner to expert mode with the turn of a key
- This milling machine can be quickly switched to a simple conventional machine with a turn of the additional key-operated CNC/manual switch.
- Instructors can configure and save the desired settings based on the level of instruction
- CNC functions are hidden and the display shows only the necessary functions
- Feed and speed are reduced, in order to ensure a safe and user-friendly entry into milling technology
- Machine is therefore also suited for examinations on conventional machines
- Intelligent arrangement of operating elements allows comfortable and rapid manual tool changing
- Optionally, machine is available with automatic tool changer for 20 or 30 tools
Ergonomic and versatile
- All operating elements are ergonomically located
- Large clamping surface cuts down on set-up times (several simultaneous clamping options possible)
- Working area at optimal operating height
- Perfect access to working area
- Cooled motor spindle offering up to 12,000 rpm
- Torque 60 Nm
- Milling and drilling in steel up to Ø 40mm
4-axis CNC milling machine
- Also available with CNC dividing unit
- Large table surface makes it suitable to work with tailstock
Precision / Quality
- Direct path measuring systems
- Quality assurance using state-of-the-art equipment
- In-house development, production and assembly at Fehlmann/Switzerland
Machining of single parts up to small lots
- Precision parts manufacturing
- Prototype manufacturing
- Tool and jig manufacturing
- Apprentice training
Ideally suited for single part and small batch production in tool manufacturing and mould making, in test and prototype manufacturing, in laboratories, as well as in apprentice shops (introduction to modern milling technology).
Milling, drilling, boring and thread cutting can be executed with a minimum of programming and set-up work.
Travel distances X mm 500 Y mm 400 Z mm 400 Machining area Clamping surface L x W mm 908 x 480 Distance table to spindle nose mm 120 - 520 Work spindle Speed / power S6 (40% ED) rpm 50 - 12,000 / 9.5 kw Tool changer (optional) Magazine pockets 20 or 30 Further details Controls Heidenhain TNC 620 Space requirement (w/d/h) m 1.7 / 1.9 / 2.5 Weight without tool changer kg 3050 Weight with tool changer (20 pockets) kg 3250 4000
Subject to technical modifications.
References - Customer reports