PICOMAX® 56 TOP
The TOP machine for manual and CNC operations.
It modernises conventional machining.
The TOP machine for manual and CNC operation with the innovative FEHLMANN operating concept: handy, fast and economical.
The precision milling and drilling machine PICOMAX 56 TOP (Touch Or Program™) is equipped with an entirely new operating concept, combining both CNC controlled 3-axis machining, as well as manual operation using a drilling lever and handwheels.
Specifically designed to execute milling, drilling and threading tasks on single parts in a quick, reliable and efficient way without any time-consuming programming. After a very short initial training period, operators are able to efficiently operate the machine, even without previous programming knowledge.
Even the basic model of this new FEHLMANN machine "Made in Switzerland" offers the features of a modern, highly productive milling machine, such as: fully digital Heidenhain control TNC 620, a cooled and high-torque motor spindle made by Fehlmann for universal milling up to 12'000 rpm, Z/S interpolated thread cutting, 3D milling, boring, etc...
Furthermore, the PICOMAX 56 TOP is upgradeable with various functional machine options, such as a FEHLMANN dividing unit for 4-axis operation, an automatic tool changer with 20 or 30 pockets, etc.
Characteristics and Highlights
Characteristics and Highlights
- Manual and CNC operation, for economical milling and drilling of small batches and single parts.
- FEHLMANN TOP functions, the entirely innovative operating concept, allowing the machine to be used both for CNC controlled 3-axis machining, as well as manual operation - using drilling lever and handwheels.
- Efficient and fast, even without programming knowledge.
- Using the Heidenhain TNC 620 and the graphically supported cycles, complex parts are machined very economically.
- High-performance and versatility with excellent cost/performance ratio.
- Space saving, due to ergonomic and compact construction.
- Simple machining tasks are executed manually using handwheels!
- Trained operators can operate the machine even without programming knowledge.
TOP functions for manual operation
- Rapid, simple and proven. Milling, drilling and thread cutting with TOP-functions.
- Innovative operating concept, combining both 3-axis CNC machining as well as manual operation using a drilling lever and handwheels.
- Please let our experts advise you!
- Modern CNC control Heidenhain TNC 620.
- Using the Heidenhain continuous path control and the graphically supported cycles, even complex parts are programmed in a highly uncomplicated and economical fashion.
- The intelligent arrangement of operating elements allows a comfortable and rapid manual changing of tools.
- Optionally the machine is available with an automatic tool changer for 20 or 30 tools.
Ergonomic and versatile
- All operating elements are ergonomically located.
- Large clamping surface cuts down on set-up times (several chucking options possible at the same time).
- Working area at an optimal operating height.
- Perfect access to the working area.
- Cooled motor spindle offering up to 12'000 rpm.
- Torque 60 Nm.
- Milling and drilling in steel up to Ø 40mm.
- Also available with CNC dividing unit.
- The large table surface makes it suitable to work with a tailstock.
Precision / Quality
- Direct path measuring systems.
- Quality assurance using state-of-the-art equipment.
- In-house development, production and assembly at Fehlmann/Switzerland.
Machining of single parts up to small lots
- Precision parts manufacturing
- Prototype manufacturing
- Tool and jig manufacturing
- Apprentice training
Ideally suited for single part and small batch production in tool manufacturing and mould making, in test and prototype manufacturing, in laboratories, as well as in apprentice shops (introduction to CNC).
Milling, drilling, boring and thread cutting can be executed with a minimum of programming and set-up work.
Travels X mm 500 Y mm 400 Z mm 400 Machining area Clamping surface L x W mm 908 x 480 Distance between table and spindle nose mm 120 - 520 Work spindle Drive power S6 (40%ED) kW 9.5 Speed rpm 50 - 12'000 Tool changer (option) Magazine pockets 20 or 30 Further Data Control Heidenhain TNC 620 Space requirement (W/D/H) m 1.7/ 1.9/ 2.5 Weight without tool changer kg 3050 Gewicht with tool changer (20 pockets) kg 3250 4000
Subject to technical modifications.