The decision whether to use hard milling or coordinate grinding requires the evaluation of costs, machining time and desired precision. FEHLMANN solves this question with the new VERSA 645 linear with a coordinate grinding function - both processes are perfectly combined on one machine. You can decide case-by-case and with great flexibility how to achieve the desired surfaces most economically.
Advantages of combining hard milling and grinding:
- Versatile and economical – one machine for two processes
- Time-savings with one-time clamping of workpiece for milling and grinding. No more re-clamping necessary
- Shorter machining times thanks to two processes on same machine
- Multi-use of precision: make a one-time investment in high precision and benefit twice, thanks to the combination of milling and grinding
- Increased efficiency due to high process reliability
- Parts can be precisely pre-milled before grinding, ensuring a perfectly pre-finished part. Elimination of varying offsets caused, for example, by warpage during hardening
- Consistent excellent surface quality and contour accuracy - due to choice of most suitable machining strategy and automatic dressing of grinding tool
- Simple programming - grinding functions such as pendulum stroke and dressing can be easily integrated into the program after milling
Travels X mm 350 Y mm 500 Z mm 300 A Degrees -120° - +120° C Degrees 0° - 360° Machining area max. workpiece 5-axis mm D 350 / H 250 Distance table to spindle nose mm 100 - 400 Spindle Speed / power at S6 (40% ED) rpm 50 - 30,000 / 13.7 kw 50 - 42'000 / 16.9 kw Tool changer Number of tool pockets 50/86/225 and 400 scalable Further data Feed rate / rapid feed mm/min 1-50,000 Control Heidenhain CNC-control TNC 640 Dimensions (width/depth/height) m 1.99 / 2.46 / 2.9 Weight kg 7,000
Subject to technical modifications.
Parts Handling - automation without restrictions
With its well thought through and compact design, the FEHLMANN VERSA 645 linear may be automated at any time. As the automatic loading door is located on the right side of the machine, an automation system can be easily connected. The machining area is freely accessible from the front for setup work and process control, independently of the machine configuration. Depending on the number of pallets and the variety of parts, the system may be controlled and monitored by a pallet management integrated in the control unit, or via the flexible FEHLMANN MCM™ (Milling Center Manager). Thus, the FEHLMANN VERSA 645 linear may be adapted to a wide variety of automation concepts - even if you do not decide to retrofit your machine until later on.
When the 8- or 16-hour shift per day no longer suffices... More and more frequently, 'time to market' is one of the most important 'survival' criterion for today's tool shops and parts producers. New products are developed and produced within extremely short time intervals. With the help of the latest information technology of the FEHLMANN MCM™ (Milling Center Manager), parts can be loaded and unloaded quickly and reliably - in an operator friendly way. In addition to the high quality of the part, key factors are unlimited availability, accessibility of the system during day shifts, as well as the safety of the process during ghost shifts (unattended operation with no or little staff). The FEHLMANN MCM™ offers you valuable support - proven time and again - meeting today's automation requirements and based on open industry standards. As the MCM software is a FEHLMANN in-house development, you can trust us to perform the support on the entire system.
Almost limitless possibilities - discover the FEHLMANN MCM™!
The Milling Centre Management system - an in-house development by Fehlmann - controls both machine and robot. Machining order, zero points, etc. are entered in a simple and clear job table (Windows surface). Via mouse click, the operator can change the machining order or single parameters during the system operation.
Keeping up flexibility even in automatic mode: without any trouble, a part can be fitted in. Thanks to the high operator comfort of machine and MCM, the Fehlmann solution is not only suited for series production, but is already efficient when producing only a few parts.
Tool breakage monitoring, NC program management, logging of system events, and a phone alarm (optional) via SMS sent to a preselected mobile phone number are just a couple of functions allowing for an unattended night or weekend shift.
The complete system from a single source
- The systems are commissioned and tested with the customer-specific configuration here in our works.
- We develop and produce the machine and MCM™. For parts handling, we use standard robots.
- With the systems shown above we offer proven solutions.
- To a large extent, we owe the practicality of our solutions to the many MCM™ customer suggestions and ideas - many of which were adopted in the standard solution.
Our machines are already equipped with all features required for high-accuracy machining.
Miscellaneous options are available in addition, for example:
- High-pressure cooling system with through-the-spindle supply and chip conveyor.
- Different tool and part measuring systems (probe systems, laser ...)
- Integrated minimum-quantity lubrication for HSC machining
- Integrated zero-point clamping system and automation solutions
References - Customer reports